The Renault Captur line-up in Malaysia has been expanded with the introduction of a new Limited Edition Captur Trophy. Available in limited units, the new Captur Trophy injects a sports appeal to Europe’s best-selling B-segment crossover offering in Malaysia. The Renault Captur Trophy continues much of the current Captur’s specification and Easy Life features, but offers a few eye-catching additions:
- Vibrant Orange Trophy colour, taking on colour cues from the iconic Megane R.S.’ new signature Orange Tonic colour
- A sporty front and rear bumper spoiler in gun metal colour
- 3D chequered flag decals
- Hands-free power tailgate, which has been popular with customers
The Limited Edition Captur Trophy is available to the public at no price increase from the base Captur at RM107,980 (on-the-road inclusive of SST, without insurance, for Peninsular Malaysia and private individual registration only).
Additionally, five lucky customers who purchase a brand-new Renault Captur Trophy will get the chance to take the All-new Renault Megane R.S. home for one month. This offer aims to encourage an appreciation amongst customers for Renault’s range of products and offerings. Plus, who wouldn’t want to have a different car to drive around, just for fun?
The new Captur Trophy is also available on Renault Subscription. Under the Fixed Plan, the Captur Trophy is available from RM1,499 monthly for the two-year subscription package and RM1,699 monthly for the one-year plan. These monthly fees are inclusive of road tax, insurance and regular maintenance fee.
Customers who opt for the Switch Prime Plan will get to enjoy the Captur Trophy as their everyday vehicle, in addition to a total of four months’ access to the Renault family of models such as the Koleos and the Megane R.S.
“Whilst many appreciate the striking design and current two-tone colours scheme on the Captur, we boost the Captur’s allure further with a whole new sporty look. Taking inspiration from the Megane R.S., the Limited Edition Captur Trophy delivers a new level of sports appeal. Coupled with the experience of the Renault Megane R.S. for one month, we have drastically turned-up the sports appeal for the Captur Trophy,” said Wong Hoe Mun, CEO of TC Euro Cars.
French design, a refined interior, extensive equipment and specifications
Like the Captur, the Limited Edition Captur Trophy features the same upgraded EURO 6 compliant turbocharged TCe 120 engine with a start-stop function that delivers the performance and acceleration of a normally-aspirated 1.8L engine. Mated to the six-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) transmission, the spirited engine now offers an improved peak torque of 205 Nm from as low as 2,000 rpm, while achieving good fuel efficiency of up to 5.9L/100km (NEDC test method).
As with the Renault Captur variant, the interior of the Limited Edition Captur Trophy features black combi-leather seats, combi-leather door finishers, redesigned gear lever and door panels offer a more modern and sophisticated cabin.
Cabin space and seat configuration can be adapted to meet various capacity needs with a sliding rear bench seat that is foldable 60:40, providing ample boot space from 377 litres to a maximum of 1,235 litres.
Standard features include:
- Seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system which provides access to useful and practical features including offline & online navigation, internet connectivity and hands-free telephone using Bluetooth® technology
- Keyless entry and engine start, with a walkaway door lock function
- LED fog lights
- Signature C-shaped DRL
- Auto door lock
- Auto headlights and rain-sensing wipers
- Reverse camera
- ECO Mode for up to 10% additional fuel savings
- A versatile multi-position boot floor
- Front door bins that can accommodate 1.5-litre drinks bottles
- Four high-efficiency airbags – dual frontal and dual head/thorax side
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- ABS with Electronic Brake Assist (EBA) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
Renault’s Commitment to Easy Life
Renault firmly believes that the concept of ‘Easy Life’ should be experienced across all its products and throughout the customer’s ownership experience.
To this end, all Renault Captur models, including the Limited Edition Captur Trophy also comes with the Renault Honour trade-in programme. Through this programme, customers will enjoy a guaranteed future value should they choose to trade-in their Captur for any brand-new Renault model in the future.
Customers can rest assured knowing that Renault has their backs by reducing depreciation concerns, especially in the first few years where the depreciation gap is the steepest. The Renault Honour programme is available for a limited time only and customers are encouraged to confirm their participation as soon as they can.
Additionally, the Limited Edition Captur Trophy, like the Captur benefits from:
- Free service and maintenance (parts and labour) for five years or up to 100,000 km, whichever comes first
- A five-year manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage
Renault currently offers 21 authorised service centres nationwide, of which, the Petaling Jaya and Glenmarie service centres support Renault vehicles exclusively.